I recently received these three products and I couldn’t wait to try them out! I haven’t been into The Body Shop for a few months and I was excited to experiment with some new things. Their Body Butters have always been a staple in my skincare routine, but I haven’t tried many of their cosmetics. You can imagine my delight when I opened the box and saw a bright blue shadow! I love playing with bright colours whether it be a lipstick, liquid liner or an eyeshadow. I love me some neutrals, but what fun is makeup if you don’t try out all the colours of the rainbow?
Absinthe Hand Cream
This cream is light and refreshing, with a strong (and I mean strong) bergamot scent. This would be great for guys that don’t like floral or citrus scents. I found it absorbed really well and didn’t leave my skin greasy. If you are a big fan of musky or woody scents this cream is for you!
Colour Crush Eye Shadow
This shadow surprised me. At first it seemed as though it wasn’t very pigmented, but with a second application it brought bright and vibrant colour. Apparently it’s great as an eyeliner if you use a wet liner brush, but I haven’t tried that yet. I love adding a pop of colour and I never shy away from bright colours. If you want to try something new I suggest checking out these shadows, they come in over 20 shades!
This gloss is exactly what it claims to be, a high-impact, glossy color. It’s thick but not sticky, and it stayed on my lips for over an hour (which is a feat for a lip chewer like me!) It does have a rather strong scent, but I don’t mind it. I usually go for mint or unscented lip products so it took a little getting used to, but I really like the formula!
Here’s my look using The Body Shop eye shadow and lipgloss!
- Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes liner in Matte Brown
- The Body Shop Colour Crush in Something Blue
- Essence Eyeshadow Quattro in 15 Most Wanted (white shadow only)
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Correcting Cream
- Almay Smart Shade Makeup in Light
- NARS blush/bronzer Duo in Orgasm/Laguna
* This post contains products that were sent to me for editorial consideration. As always, my reviews and opinions are my own 🙂