I feel like I say this every week but…I can’t believe I’m already 30 weeks! I still remember finding out I was pregnant back in July and the doctor telling me I was 4 weeks along. 4 weeks felt like so long back then! I also couldn’t believe that there was something growing inside of me and I had no idea. It was both wildly exciting and terrifying at the same time.
Then started the two month long waiting game to reach 12 weeks. Not that 12 weeks is the magical number where your “safe” from complications, but once I reached 12 weeks I felt a little less fearful of having a miscarriage. It’s also when we started to tell people, which is such a fun part of the whole pregnancy journey. Sharing good news with people you love is the best!
What I wore:
A common misconception is that you are pregnant for 9 months – you are actually considered pregnant for about 10 months (unless the baby decides to make an early appearance!) They start counting your pregnancy from the first day of your last period, so even though the embryo had only been growing for about 2 weeks I was still considered 4 weeks along. Weird right?
It’s fun that this little lady is now big enough that my husband can easily feel her movements where as before they were a lot more difficult to notice from the outside. I love how active she is – I feel like she never sleeps! She’s constantly rolling around and stretching. If I poke my belly she will poke back with an arm or leg which is kind of amazing. It’s a fun little game that makes me feel so connected to her.
What’s Happening At 30 Weeks:
- Baby is (still) about the weight of a winter squash (approx 3 pounds)
- She flew on a plane this week as I travelled home to see family in Canada!
- She loves to kick and move around after I eat, but I still haven’t noticed any distinct sleep schedule
- I’m getting leg/foot cramps more often but I started taking Magnesium which helps
- I’ve gained a total of 20 pounds so far and the last trimester is when you gain the most weight so I’m interested to see how many pounds I’ll pack on before she makes her debut : )