I’m 36 weeks and 9 months preggo! Technically you are pregnant for 10 months, so I’m just in the first week of my 9th month if that makes sense. And let me tell you, it shows! People are now holding doors for me, offering up their seats and generally being very sweet. Guys – sometimes people are nice!
I’m doing more waddling than walking these days and all I can do is laugh about it! I asked James if he noticed and he said no (but I think he is just trying to be nice). I’ve officially gained 30 pounds since I got pregnant and I can definitely feel it. Carrying around that much extra weight takes a toll and even going for a short walk leaves me winded and achy. Did I mention how much I love naps? They’re pretty much my favourite.
What I wore:
- Top: PinkBlush Maternity Lavender Short Sleeve Knit Top (similar)
- Jeans: Thyme Maternity Skinny Jeans (similar)
I am starting to get more and more excited about meeting our baby. So much of my early pregnancy I spent worrying about her and whether or not she was healthy. Now I am more focused on how cool it’s going to be to finally meet her. What is she going to be like? Will she look more like me or James?
And the reality of how much our lives are going to change is really sinking in. I am excited for it, but I’m also really enjoying these last few weeks with just James and I. Sleeping in, watching Netflix and being on our own schedule. I’m cherishing these moments because I know it’s all going to get turned upside down by this tiny little human. In the best way possible 🙂 I am seriously counting down the days until I get to see her face to face!
As you know, I am deeply in love with our first baby girl – our French Bulldog Buffy. She was being so cuddly and cute I had to snap a few photos of her too!
What’s Happening At 36 Weeks:
- The baby weighs about six pounds and is 20 inches long
- My feet and ankles are permanently swollen these days and I’m having a hard time remembering to sit down and put my feet up. Oops!
- We did our hospital tour so we feel more comfortable about what to do and where to go once I start labour
- I’m nesting hard core. I vacuumed 4 times yesterday.
- I met with our postpartum doula a few days ago and had a great chat about expectations after the baby arrives and how she will support us during that time. We only have her for 3 four-hour sessions but I already know it’s going to be super helpful!
Spring is just around the corner. Are you someone who loves spring cleaning or dreads it? Let me know in the comments!