Packing my hospital bag has been one of those pregnancy tasks I have avoided dealing with until the last minute. At the time of my writing this post my due date is less than a week away and I just (kind of) finished packing. Between now and when I go into labour I’ll probably add or remove several things but for the sake of this blog post let’s say I’m done putting it together 🙂
Since this is my first baby it’s no surprise that trying to pack a bag of things you think you’ll need when you have no idea what you’ll actually want in the moment is…tricky. Luckily I have a million friends who have popped out babies and gave me some great advice. Hopefully my carefully curated (haha who am I kidding?? This is mostly guess work) selection of items will come in handy at some point.
I plan on wearing a hospital gown while I’m at the hospital so I only packed a “Going Home” outfit and a robe incase I get chilly during labour.
What I packed:
- Target Mossimo Loose Tank (exact)
- Bravado Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra (exact)
- H&M MAMA Sweatpants (exact)
This light blue PinkBlush Maternity Delivery & Nursing Robe* is so cute and super soft! It’s labelled a nursing robe but this is going to become my “all-the-time” robe very soon. I love the crochet detailing along the hem and it’s a nice modest length that won’t have me worrying if my bum is peeking out.
Aside from the heating blanket (at the top of the photo) the rest of these items fit neatly into a makeup bag. Not all of them are to help with comfort/pain relief per say but I have a feeling they will all be helpful in their own way.
What I packed:
- Electric heating pad for back pain
- Hair elastics, bobby pins and a headband to keep my hair out of my face
- Lavender (promotes relaxation) and Peppermint (helps with nausea) essential oils to diffuse in the room (exact)
- Electric flameless candles to help create a calm and soothing environment (exact)
- Purple Palmassager for back pain relief (exact)
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Nipple cream incase I need it during the first few days of breastfeeding (exact)
- Nursing bra pads (similar)
Once again these all fit neatly into a toiletry bag which keeps them organized. I am not sure how long I will be at the hospital so I wanted to bring the things I would need to shower if I end up being there for a few days or if I just feel like showering during labour.
- Lush Godiva Solid Shampoo (exact)*
- Kiehl’s Sunflower Color Preserving Conditioner (exact)
- Wide tooth comb
- The Body Shop Frosted Cranberry Shower Gel (similar)*
- Lush Dream Cream Hand & Body Lotion (exact)*
- The Greeench Deodorant (exact)
- Lush Tender is the Night Massage Bar (exact)*
- Pacifica Purify Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes (exact)
- Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 (exact)
Enter for your chance to win a $75 USD gift card for PinkBlush Maternity!
*Rules and guidelines:
- One winner will be selected
- Must live in the United States or Canada
- Must be over the age of 18
- Winner must respond to my email within 2 business days, otherwise another winner will be selected
* This post contains some products that were sent to me for consideration. As always, my reviews and opinions are my own.