I recently read a post by fellow Portland momma and blogger Lindsay where she shared some baby names she loved but didn’t use for her 3 kids. You can check out her post here! It reminded me that I’ve been meaning to do a post like this for a while now. If we have more kids I know we won’t use these names. In a weird way it feels like the “belong” to Piper. Anyone else feel like that? After looking at these names over and over during my pregnancy they feel so connected to Piper. Also I have realized I really like girls names that start with “P”! I have a few more on my list if we have a second girl 🙂
Without further adieu, here are the top names I loved while pregnant with Piper!
- Norah – We both loved this name. In the end it was between Norah or Piper.
- Penelope/Penny – I liked Penelope and James liked Penny. We couldn’t agree on which one to use 🙂
- Luna – I tried to sell this to James until the bitter end but he used his veto and I couldn’t argue haha!
- Jude – Still like this and I might use it as a middle name in the future. It was a like, not a love. Plus we thought people might always mis-hear and think we meant “June” since she’s a girl.
- Mae – I definitely have a thing for older names and this is one I’ve liked for a long time.
- Fern – Anyone else watch the move Fern Gully growing up? It was one of my favourites and I always thought the name Fern was so pretty.
- Petra – Still think this is such a cool name. I’ve only met 2 Petra’s in my life so it doesn’t seem super common.
- Isla – We both liked this one in the beginning but around half way through my pregnancy we just started finding names we liked more. And I didn’t know it at the time, but apparently it’s becoming a super popular name!
I’d love to hear the names you loved but didn’t use for your kiddos! Or just names you like in general. I’m sure someone who is expecting will see this post and enjoy the suggestions 🙂